Humak University of Applied Science is now looking for a fulltime Communications Apprentice to work with us in English language communications. The length of the term is negotiable, but it has to be a minimum of 3 months whilst a longer term can be considered as an advantage.
The Apprentice will be working with diverse job tasks in a small yet energetic communications team of Humak. We offer you an interesting opportunity to learn communications and marketing under the guidance of an innovative and forward-thinking communications department. We work with the Z generation and constantly think of new ways to reach our young target groups – perhaps you would like to leave your input in the new ways for UAS communications?
Your workplace will be in Turku, but the tasks may take you to all of Humak’s locations in Finland. The Communication Department is responsible for Humak’s internal and external communications and marketing. Our goal is to communicate Humak’s strategic strengths to the rest of the society and reach current and future partners.
In this position, your job tasks include, for example:
- Writing articles/news/postings in English for Humak’s Intranet (Peppi) and web page and translate Humak’s personnel’s content to these channels.
- Helping to manage and create content for Humak’s social media channels
- Helping to manage, translate and create content for Humak’s marketing materials, both in print and in digital
- Helping us to market our international Bachelor of Adventure and Outdoor Education and various offerings in Erasmus+ programme for the international markets
- Occasionally assisting in Marketing events and other communications tasks
- Create content in English in various media formats: text, photos, videos etc., depending on your expertise
We are interested if you:
- Are excellent/native in written and oral English and you can create lively and engaging content in rich and perfect English. You do not need to master the Finnish language, but it can be advantage that you somewhat understand written and oral Finnish.
- Are a student or have recently graduated (university or university of applied sciences). Your programme may be a university degree in English, English Literature, Communications, marketing or similar.
- Preferably have previous work experience, for example, from a summer job where you have used English in communications or marketing. We also consider previous experience of working as a journalist/communicator to be an asset.
- Are able to work independently, are a social, active and outgoing person who is not afraid of new challenges.
- Are creative and know how to create an interesting news story and can independently find stories for Humak’s channels.
- Are not afraid to put yourself in front of the camera. You know how to create a video for social media channels.
- You are self-confident and creative and show passion for your work. You thrive on challenges and developing your skills through work is self-evident. You are open, flexible and share Humak’s values for fair opportunities, communicability and equality.
- You know your stuff: you know how to work with communication tools, know the basics of Photoshop and video editing and are quick to learn new tools.
What Humak can offer:
Humak offers a unique place for learning a wide variety of communications, marketing and content production. You will be given challenges and responsibility which will nurture you as a communications and marketing professional, whilst you will also gain good knowledge of various content management platforms and tools of modern communications.
If you are a student, we can offer you opportunities to perform study-related communications tasks, whether they are related with marketing, communications, project management, content creation, digital marketing etc. Your mentor in this will be Humak’s communications manager.
The apprenticeship will be paid. If you have under 120 ECTS, your salary will be 1340 euro/month, if over, 1500 euro/month.
Please send your application through our digital application system (see the link below). The service is in Finnish and it will be your first step on the ladder to working with us. Describe your expertise and link to any portfolios you might have for your written and visual work (photos and videos).
Also tell us what kind of competence you have regarding various content production tools, such as editing programmes, photo editing services and others which you think will be relevant for your job. Also, are you a Mac person or a Windows person? (Don’t be afraid to conceal it, we have both working here).
Application deadline and application link:
Deadline for applications 28.10.2019 by 12:00. Applications will be administered as on-going and the suitable candidate may be hired before the application period is over.
firstname.lastname@example.org – 0400 357 255 (Thursdays 10 – 11 AM)