Strengths Guiding the Strategic Development
Our phenomenon-based, multidisciplinary and networked strengths are based on our competence. We wish to be the first choice as a partner in these areas, in which we believe to be the major research, development and training institution in Finland.
Our strengths make our profile concrete and highlight the cutting edge of our fields of activity. The strengths guide the strategic development of our operations, both in training as well as research, development, innovation and experimental activity. Through the selection of our strengths, we create even stronger competence clusters and expertise. The selections also guide the management of our partnerships.
- Youth Work and Communality
Encountering people, communities and participation are among our core competence areas. We respond to the need to develop professional competence produced by new and changing operating environments. We productise the skills to encounter young people.
- Organisation Work, Work Communities and Integration
We strengthen innovation activity and influencing skills, which promote professionalism in organisation work. We improve the functionality, competitiveness and communal development of work communities We develop activities which facilitate the inclusion of immigrants, civic activity and communality
- Interpreting and Linguistic Accessibility
We promote the accessibility of communication environments and convey linguistic meanings by multimodal means. Sign language interpreting and research are developed, together with sign language users. We participate in the development of technology supporting linguistic accessibility.
- Cultural Management and Conveyance
We promote cultural management skills as activity supporting participation, and develop digital environments for cultural and artistic productions and services. We promote entrepreneurship in creative industries and improve the knowledge of changing financial models for culture. We bring the networking and conveying competence of cultural managers for the use of different sectors.
New, emerging sectors that rise from the margins of our strength areas guarantee that the competence requirements of the business and industrial life are taken into account in our activity more and more extensively. By recognising silent signals, we can quickly respond to changes in our operating environment
- New Participants: We reduce the feeling of not belonging and marginalisation by offering new opportunities to influence, for example, by means of crowdsourcing.
- New Communality: We develop operating environments for open and spontaneous participation. We produce network-based management and
- Communication Expertise: We master the skills of communication and operation in traditional environments and interactive digital media. We promote the encountering of diversity and knowledge of cultural minorities.
- Human Rights and Equality: We promote human rights by improving human rights education and the methods used in it. We encourage equality in our society.
Humak’s Innovation Services is responsible for University of Applied Sciences’ publication process. Because we follow the Open Access principle you can find our publications freely through our webpage. We have our own publication series in which we mainly give out publications in Finnish but also in English. In Autumn 2017 we open the Humak blog’s publications in our Finnish language side of the pages.
You find the (mostly in Finnish) publications in www.humak.fi/julkaisut.
In addition to our own publications our professional staff publishes in other publications and channels too.