Virtalähde (literally ‘power source’) is a training program by Humak University of Applied Sciences that focuses on virtual event management. During the program, the participants learn how to implement a live streamed event and learn new ways to develop revenue models in a virtual environment.
The Virtalähde training program begins on 1 September 2020 and features noted Finnish professionals and specialists as instructors. The program consists of 10 individual meetings, each of which centers around a specific theme.
– The training will provide a comprehensive look into all aspects of live streaming. During the meetings, we will delve into the contents, technical skills, and marketing that are necessary to manage virtual events. We will also examine business-related themes. The participants will learn the practical skills they need to begin organizing virtual events themselves, says lecturer Benny Majabacka.
Contents and goals of the Virtalähde program
Events can be organized digitally in various ways. Concerts, fairs, business events, art exhibitions, performances, and many other events that have traditionally been organized live can be constructed and executed online in an interesting manner.
Outsourcing the live streaming of an event is usually expensive and often not an economically viable option for smaller organizers. However, streaming does not have to be difficult or expensive to arrange even without outside help.
The pandemic forces everyone to change their routine and to find new ways to adapt to the unusual circumstances. Digital event management enables us to discover new opportunities and revenue models, some of which are based on traditional event planning, while others are entirely new. Perhaps the current crisis will lead to a permanent boost for virtual events alongside the conventional ones we are used to.
Who is Virtalähde intended for?
The Virtalähde training program for digital event management is especially targeted to:
- event planning professionals
- companies that organize or want to organize events or fairs
- organizations and public sector actors whose work is related to event management
- artist groups and performers
- bands and orchestras
- and everyone else who wishes to learn how to use digitals tools to organize events in online environments.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact:
Kari Keuru, Project Manager
kari.keuru(a)humak.fi / +358 400 349 228.