You can now apply for adventure and outdoor education at studyinfo.fi. The application period begun on January 8 2020 and will close on January 22 at 15.00 (EET).
Adventure and outdoor education students will receive a Bachelor of Humanities (BH, yhteisöpedagogi (AMK) in Finnish) degree in community education.
The studies are conducted as day-time studies, in English. The entire study program consists of 210 ECTS credits and is designed to last for 3,5 years in total.
In addition to the courses held at the campus in Nurmijärvi, the studies consist of internships and practical training at outdoors learning environments, in Finland and abroad. The community education courses are also organized in the form of group assignment and as online studies.
All applicants must meet the general qualifications for UAS studies and have adequate English language skills.
For more detailed instructions on how to apply, please see studyinfo.fi.
News and further information
Additional information and sources
- Humak Adventure and Outdoor Education blog
- Staff blogs: Adventure educators need snow safety skills & High-quality snow safety education in Finland
- Brochure: Bachelor’s Degree in Adventure and Outdoor Education
- Brochure: Finnish adventure and outdoor education
- Erasmus+ Adventure Education Course (30 ECTS)
- Erasmus+ Humak Beings blog
- Adventure and Outdoor Education Courses (open studies) in Finnish
The application period for the adventure and outdoor education Bachelor’s degree programme for 2020 has ended. The next application period begins in January 2021 (the date will be announced later).