Expenses for EU/EEA/Swiss students
A transportation and equipment fee of 1000 € per study year will be charged from students who are citizens of the EU/EEA area and Switzerland.
EU countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Gibraltar.
EEA countries are: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Students, who are not liable to pay the tuition fee, are charged a transportation and equipment fee of 1000€ per each academic year attended. The fee for the first academic year should be paid by 15 September 2018 at 15.00 EET (GMT/UTC +2 hours) at the latest.
The 1000€ fee includes:
– Transportation to and from the campus to external locations where teaching is arranged, such as indoor and outdoor climbing locations, excursions, and hiking locations.
– Facility rents for external teaching locations.
– Group equipment, such as tents, kayaks, and climbing equipment.
– Other equipment, such as first aid equipment.
– In addition, students are allowed to borrow group equipment for independent training.
The transportation and equipment fee does not include the following:
– Personal camping and hiking equipment, such as outdoor clothing, backpacks, eating utensils, sleeping bags or sleeping pads.
– Personal travel costs to and from campus, training locations, or locations for independent training.
Expenses for non-EU/EEA/Swiss students
Tuition fee of 9000€ per academic year is charged from students coming outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland area. The transportation and equipment fee (1000 € per academic year) is included in the tuition fee.
Students must accept the student place in Studyinfo and pay the fee for the first academic year by 27 August 2018 at 15.00 EET (GMT/UTC +3 hours) at the latest. Students cannot register for the autumn semester 2018 before the fee is paid in full and all necessary documents have been submitted to Admission Services.
Students are required to pay tuition for each academic semester or year attended. First year degree students need to pay the tuition fee in full when they accept their student place. Continuing degree students need to pay the tuition fee before registering for the next academic year as follows:
For the second academic year, 70 % of the tuition fee must be paid in the spring semester of the first academic year when registering for the second academic year. If the student fails to complete 55 ECTS credits in their first year, the remaining 30 % will be invoiced at the beginning of the following autumn semester.
For the third academic year, 50 % of the tuition fee must be paid in the spring semester of the second academic year when registering for the third academic year. If the student fails to complete 55 ECTS credits in their second year, the remaining 50 % will be invoiced at the beginning of the following autumn semester.
For the fourth academic year (final semester; tuition fee 4500 €), 50 % of the tuition fee must be paid in the spring semester of the third academic year when registering for the fourth academic year. If the student fails to complete 55 ECTS credits in their third year, the remaining 50 % will be invoiced at the beginning of the following autumn semester. If the student graduates within 3,5 years, 50 % of the tuition fee (2250€) will be refunded to the student.
The tuition fee entitles the student to study and to use the normal support services available for students. However, all students must buy the necessary books (if not available in libraries) and other educational material themselves, get an insurance, and take care of their own commuting, travelling and other living costs (accommodation, food, clothing, leisure activities). Average monthly living cost for a student is estimated at about 600–800 euros.
According to Finnish Immigration Service, in addition to the amount of the tuition fee, the student has to have at least 6 720 euros per each academic year available to cover the living costs.
Other Costs of Studying
The studies require using a personal laptop. At Humak, students are entitled to substantial benefits in acquiring different software. The commonly used Office software are free of charge for students: students are able to download and install the Office365 software package on their computers.