Adventure and Outdoor Education
(Community Educator, Bachelor of Humanities, 210 ECTS)
The community educator studies train specialists in adventure and outdoor education. Adventure and outdoor education is based on experiential and activity-based learning methodology and aims at personal and social growth of individuals and groups. During the studies the students will gain multidisciplinary theoretical knowledge and versatile practical skills for using low and high risk adventurous and outdoor activities as educational tools for different groups of people.
The degree programme for community educators provides students with a wide range of skills for employment as a professional in the diverse area of adventure and outdoor education. Job opportunities can be found for example within the field of youth and NGO work, education, adventure tourism and as an entrepreneur in Finnish and international working environments.
Community Educator (BH), Adventure and Outdoor Education, is a bachelor’s degree programme within the field of Humanities and Education. The degree complies with the criteria imposed for universities of applied sciences (UAS) by the national qualifications system in Finland and with the European and national frameworks for qualification and other competences (level 6).
More information: http://www.oph.fi/mobility/qualifications_frameworks
- Studies begin: September 3, 2018
- Language of instruction: English
- Teaching time: Day time teaching
- Mode of teaching: Contact teaching, Blended learning, Online Studies
- Form of learning: Experiential learning, Coaching, Individual learning, Supervised internships, Work-based learning
- Extent of the study program: 210 ECTS credits
- Planned duration: 3.5 years, including summer semesters
- Tuition fees: charged from students coming outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland area, 9000 euros / study year (free for the students from EU/ETA/Switzerland)
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Humanities (Yhteisöpedagogi (AMK))
- Study places: 20
- Applications via: www.studyinfo.fi (www.opintopolku.fi)
The career opportunities within the field of adventure education are multiple. The methods of adventure and outdoor education can be applied in various environments and contexts with different target groups, in different sectors of society. Adventure education can be applied e.g. in the areas of mental health, preventive, youth and NGO work.
Through studies in entrepreneurship, the students are encouraged to become self-employed.
Depending on the students’ own interests and specialisation, they may choose to work as instructors or guides in e.g. kayaking, trekking, rock climbing and skiing.
Before contacting Admission Services, please, read these pages and the information at www.studyinfo.fi carefully.
Humak Admissions Services
Telephone: +358 20 7621 300
Ilkantie 4, 00400 Helsinki, FINLAND
Do not send any applications to Humak Admission Services. All applications should be sent through Studyinfo.fi
More information at www.studyinfo.fi